Host Family Junior Programme
ELTI bases its youth course in Bandon, situated 20 minutes from Cork International Airport in the South West near the sea. This programme is an excellent alternative to urban-based courses. Our students join small, friendly communities where foreign student numbers are small and where there is a genuine interest in getting to know visitors from abroad. The young people will leave West Cork with a real feeling of achievement realising that their stay amongst us was a worthwhile experience. This is the real Ireland and we will be happy to make your children truly welcome.
Bandon Grammar School, educating since 1641, is a prestigious, private college with excellent facilities and resources, situated on 30 hectares of grounds, within 15 minutes’ walk of Bandon town, just 32 kilometres from Cork City and Airport. Its historical and peaceful setting provides an ideal learning environment. Bandon Grammar offers an excellent programme in a well-structured, safe, welcoming community.
• Numbers are strictly limited in our centre
• Mixed nationality groups
• Host family accommodation
• Excellent in-house recreation facilities including pool, table tennis, TV room, library,auditorium/projection room.
• Top standard sports facilities
including fully equipped gym,courts for basketball,volley,indoor football, tennis, Astraturf pitch and a full range of
• Teachers are qualified,experienced and approved by the Irish Teaching Council. Classrooms are of the highest standard with interactive whiteboards and broadband internet and are complemented by two computer suites plus a lecture theatre/projection room with cinema quality sound.
Our programme includes:
• Full board accommodation in a welcoming family home, picnic lunch on school and excursion days. Full board on Sunday.
• In-house supervision at all times during school time.
• Tests administered at beginning, during and end of each course
• Fifteen hours of English language tuition per week by qualified EFL teachers
• Use of textbooks and other learning materials
• Full sport and recreation afternoon programme supervised by qualified staff
• Excursion on Saturday
• End of course certificate.
Mon to Frid 09.55 – 13.05
09.55 – 11.25:
• Homework Correction
• Grammar and Structures
• Communicative Practice
11.25 – 11.35: Break
11.35 – 13.05:
• Role play/Drama
• Class Magazine
• Homework and Projects
13.05 – 14.00:
Picnic lunch in the school dining room under supervision
14.00 – 16.00:
• Sports and cultural activities at the school
• Afternoon activities include: Yoga, Drama, Art and Crafts, Cookery, Historical Tour, Treasure Hunts, Team Building, Team Sports (Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Rugby, Hockey) and Tennis
16.15 : Students return home to families
PRICE FOR HOST FAMILY AND DAY SCHOOL OPTION:
With full board accommodation:€655 per week
Individual Transfers from Cork Airport: €50 each way