Residential Junior Programme in Bandon
ELTI bases its youth course in Bandon, situated 20 minutes from Cork International Airport in the South West near the sea. This programme is an excellent alternative to urban-based courses. Our students join small, friendly communities where foreign student numbers are small and where there is a genuine interest in getting to know visitors from abroad.
Our teachers lead lively, entertaining and efficient classes. Each group produces a magazine and/or a play. The young people will leave West Cork with a real feeling of achievement realising that their stay amongst us was a worthwhile experience. This is the real Ireland and we will be happy to make your children truly welcome.
Bandon Grammar School, educating since 1641, is a private institute with state of the art facilities and resources, situated on 30 hectares just 32 kilometres from Cork City. Its historical and peaceful setting just minutes from the centre of Bandon provides an ideal learning environment.
Boarding School Option
Bandon Grammar offers boarding in a well-structured, safe community. We can accommodate 150 boys and girls of mixed nationality in comfortably furnished residences. All are supervised by staff in residence.
• Numbers are strictly limited in our centre
• Mixed nationality groups
• Comfortable accommodation in 4,6 or 9 -bedded rooms
• Excellent in-house recreation facilities including pool, table tennis, TV room, library, auditorium/projection room.
• Top standard sports facilities including fully equipped gym, courts for basketball, volley ball, indoor football, tennis, all-weather hockey pitch and a full range of outdoor pitches. National and international reputation for hockey and rugby.
• Teachers are qualified, experienced and approved by the Department of Education. They lead lively, entertaining classes
• Classrooms are of the highest standard with interactive whiteboards and broadband internet. 2 computer suites.
Our programme includes:
• Full board accommodation
• In-house supervision at all times
• Tests administered at beginning, during and end of each course
• Fifteen hours of English language tuition per week by qualified EFL teachers
• Use of textbooks and other learning materials
• Full sport and recreation programme supervised by qualified staff
• 2 excursions per week on residential programme
• Transfers from Cork Airport (Groups only)
• Optional extra on request: Golf at 18-hole Bandon Golf Club.
Instruction packages available for individuals and groups.
Classes: Monday to Friday 09.55 – 13-05
09.55 – 11.25:
• Homework Correction
• Grammar and Structures
• Communicative Practice
11.25 – 11.35:
11.35 – 13.05:
• Role play/Drama
• Class Magazine
• Homework and Project Preparation
13.05 – 14.00:
Lunch in the school dining room under supervision
14.00 – 16.00:
• Sports and cultural activities at the school
• Afternoon activities include: Yoga, Drama, Art and Crafts, Cookery, Historical Tour, Treasure Hunts, Team Building, Team Sports (Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Rugby, Hockey) and Tennis
16.00 – 18.00:
18.00 – 19.00:
Dinner in the school dining room under supervision
19.30 – 21.30:
Evening activities and entertainment including, in-house supervised discos, quiz time, fashion shows, cookery, videos, drama and communication games
21.30 – 22.00:
PRICE FOR BOARDING SCHOOL OPTION
2 week programme: €1600 per person
Includes boarding school accommodation with bed, breakfast, lunch and dinner, transfers from and to Cork Airport for groups only, 4 excursions, tuition, afternoon and evening activities Individual transfers: €50 each way